• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

962j

Cars back in the garage and water pump is out. Need to prep the new one for an air bleed port and water temperature sender, then can reinstall it all and pray the cooling issue is gone

For whatever reason the water stopped moving water at idle and over a short period of time took more and more rpm to keep it cool, meaning Saturday afternoon 1300rpm would keep it under control and Sunday morning was taking 2500 rpm

Then it went to paint so I picked up a meziere ls electric pump to install

I want the ability to run the pump while in the staging lanes

Cars back in the garage and water pump is out. Need to prep the new one for an air bleed port and water temperature sender, then can reinstall it all and pray the cooling issue is gone

Not using the coolant temp port on the passenger side head at the back? I stuck a bosch 300? in there for my dash

I'm using an autometer with 1/8th pipe thread sending unit. I don't like the adapter they sell for the head so the pump is tapped on the top outlet

I'm using an autometer with 1/8th pipe thread sending unit. I don't like the adapter they sell for the head so the pump is tapped on the top outlet

hmmm... Thought of doing that then I was too lazy to take the pump off then I ended up taking it off anyways. Sooooo lazy

The impeller is rusty and from manufacture the tolerance to the body is pretty large. I need to open a stock pump and compare side to side

hmmm... Thought of doing that then I was too lazy to take the pump off then I ended up taking it off anyways. Sooooo lazy

I tapped the pump inplace. Just used a little grease and my shop vac to tap the hole. Cast drills very easy

Sounds like a good date night to me. Mine usually cracks a good book and sits on the folly stool to hand me wrenches, but I have get my own beer

That still pretty damn good. I can even get her to cook a good meal and squeeze coolant lines and what not. Now to get her to change the oil.

Water pump is installed and working great. Nice to be able to bleed the cooling system prior to engine fire up. The meziere pump moves the ls thermostat from the inlet to the outlet and uses a standard small block thermostat. I drilled a small hole in ther thermostat to bleed water to the hot side radiator and I also added a steam vent line from the water pumps high point near the thermostat to the radiator cold side. The 4 corner head steam vents also vent to the radiator cold side. Turning the pump shows its power and water moves through the vent tubes with no issues

I'll fire the car up tomorrow after I reinstall the muffler before the intrcooler gets put back in to make sure all is well

Cooling problems are gone. Kinda cool leaving the pump running and fan on with engine off and having the engine cool down from 190 to 160 in about 90 seconds with no heat soak afterwards

I'll get some shots of the pump later tonight. But here is she is all assembled, just missing the prostock style drag wing

Back