• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ansel's Gambler 500 244

Took the car to a HooptieX Snowcross event a couple weeks ago...only it turned out to be more mud than snow after the first couple cars. Still had a really fun time.
<z>
lQnY78m.jpg

<z>
Tq4XsJq.jpg

<z>
JU9TEHv.jpg

<z>
That's me standing outside the car like an idiot in the snow/rain while I let Connor do a lap.
<z>

7iOkL5c.jpg

<z>

The car did fine in the mud, but the 2 foot ruts got a little gnarly. I actually finished my lap but the 5-6 cars in front of me did not, I forgot to insulate the distributor with duct tape and got water in it, not sure how I drove through deep mud and snow without being able to rev over 3k but I did it. Second lap the car ingested a large amount of mud into the alternator and now it's not charging.

Next event isn't until the OG Gambler 500 in late June, not sure what I'll do with it until then. Jerd and I have been talking about some suspension upgrades that could be interesting, I'd like to add more travel but not add any more height :oogle:

Time for an update!

Ps, that one sequence of pictures with you jumping the car looks like you may have bottomed out the suspension on landing. You have spacers above the strut mounts, right?

Back