• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B6304 fitted in 242, with pics.

@everyone:
Thank you all for positive feedback :-)
I need some chassiswork, new lights in front, some work in the rear, new paint.. ( I think I'll paint original! As-is, only new paint..).

BDKR said:
Oh! BTW, do you think you can provide a high res group of pics. The make great desktops. Especially on the laptop. I love to broadcast the Volvo lovin' while I'm in the coffee shop writing code.

Hmm, I took theese pics with my phone. it's only 2megapixel and the images are kindof crappy if I dont scale them down.. Maybe I can provide some 1280x1024, but that would be a stretch of the capabilities of the SE k750i.

Anyhow, now soon, I'll drive out to v240tic with a good camera, as then we can take pics of the project car he's doing for my father and I.

Ok, this is my new pipe dream
oversikt.jpg

zoom.jpg

T is for Trykk (pressure).
S is for suge (suck).

Anyhow, as you see, the turbos I have for the twinturbo engine Ill get fitted "soon", have the exhaust facing each other.

Other than that, there is "twice" the plumbing, as you might guess, since there are twice the number of turbos!

However, I played around with this and look at the illustrations.
Ill use two Y, dual 2.5" input, single 3" output.

The S will be collected in a single 3" which then gets the AMM attatched and the conical filter.

The T also gets collected in a single 3", but this then gets passed into the klracing intercooler which will be the 57cm x 40cm x10cm deep, 3" in and 3" out.

Then I need something like the poi has from the IC to the inlet chamber/tps

Where'd you get that rear window shade? I WANT!
I dont quite catch your drift? window shade?
DSC07188.JPG

I have also removed all the asphalt plates.. (even more than in the pic)
DSC07191.JPG

I only have to remove below the front drivers-seat, as well as on the floor in front of it and the firewall in front of the drivers-seat.

Weightsavings
  • Sound Insultation, approx 50kg?
  • Rear seat, 15kg
  • Rear panels, etc. 4kg?
  • Rear belt assembly, bolts, etc, 5kg?
  • Stereo, speakers, etc. removed, 10kg?
Todo weight savings
  • Swap 240 seats for lightweight buckte seats (FIA), 25-30kg saved
Sum: approx 100-120+kg?

Weights added
  • 24mm whiteline swaybar, ??kg
  • 18x8.5 rims w/ 225/35-18 tires, ??kg
  • Volvo original spacekit, 3kg?
  • S.A.M. lower tie bars, 1kg?
  • GT bars, 1kg?
  • OMP strut tower bar, 10kg? (wild guess)
  • Big Brake Booster, ?kg
  • Vented discs and matching calipers, ?kg
  • B6304 engine, approx 20kg
  • AW30-43 transmission, ?kg
  • Loweringsprings ?kg
  • Truetrac LSD ?kg
  • 1031 rear end, ?kg
  • Bilstein CS, ?kg
  • Returnline for fuel, fuelpumps, assemby, etc. 10kg?
  • Group A rear wing, 3kg?
  • JT superflow 3" exhaust
Todo add weights
  • Twin Turbos, ?kg
  • Pressurepipes for twinturbos, ?kg
  • Custom Downpipe for twinturbos, ?kg
  • Rollcage (half-cage), ?kg
I dont know what the sum of weights will be, but I hope 1100kg is what Ill land at.
Also considering fibreglass

Nice pipe dreams. Can't wait to hear that thing spool.
neither can I.. Tomorrow Ill call the engine-guy and check if hes delivering as hes supposed to.

I only need a custom downpipe, some oil-lines and then Im good to go..
and.. yes, he has to finish building my engine!! lol.. but when thats done, I guess its not too much more.. I think this will be fun, especially when I get the rawlcage (rollcage) and some new paint on the ride

what happened to the evo's

go sell your ps3 and get some evos instead... your back will thank me.. and my back will too.

what happened to the evo's

go sell your ps3 and get some evos instead... your back will thank me.. and my back will too.
lol, sell my ps3?? nevahh!!

I tried the EVOs and I actually thought the sprint V where better for my upper back area!
The pro2000 where better though, but.. I think the seat cushion was best on the sprint v.. go figure.. hmm..

The thing about the Sprint V, is that they are one-size, so if they dont fit, they dont fit.. You dont get them in other sizes. So I guess they are best for people my size.. lol.. if your smaller or larger, what you gonna do?

Anyhow, I kindof doubt the car will be ready for vall?kra :S

Updates:
The engineguy says the engine will be ready by Tuesday!
I'll driev and pick it up in the weekend.

So, next week:
V240Tic may have time to swap the engine!
www.toyparts.no may make my new downpipe (custom)
I hope I'll get my IC++ in time for next week

yes.. friggin interesting week, this next week.. I actually feel like a kid waiting for christmas eve, that is, if you got a lot of fun things for christmas... Not crappy stuff like.. pink shirts and crap.. you know, that sucks.

Yo Butcher! Can I ask a quick question about the OMP bar? I just got mine in the mail today but a couple of days ago I noticed that a couple of people didn't like them and had problems fitting them as well. Would you mind sharing if you had any troubles with it.

Still one of my fav 240's BTW. ;-)

Thanx

Yo Butcher! Can I ask a quick question about the OMP bar? I just got mine in the mail today but a couple of days ago I noticed that a couple of people didn't like them and had problems fitting them as well. Would you mind sharing if you had any troubles with it.

Still one of my fav 240's BTW. ;-)

Thanx
Hi, thx..

I dont understand how someone can have problems fitting the adjustable bar?? :p

"to the left, to the left"

Let's bring this back from the dead shall we?

Am I mistaken, or does it appear that this oil pan and filter would clear the stock swaybar without using a v6/diesel bar?

Attachments

• IMG_9321.JPG
    IMG_9321.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_9322.JPG
    IMG_9322.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_9319.JPG
    IMG_9319.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 317
if a stock bar doesn't clear the oil stuff like that, you can get 92-94 (I think?) oil parts and cobble a very short filter/cooler relocator. The earlier cars had the filter right up in the block, and the cooler was an air unit that fed off the front cover thingy. So you can make the front quite shallow.

Back