• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Billet Fuel Rails???

frostburner

So just a question, here is the fuel rail I designed for my other project car. I was looking at our volvo ones and I could probably design one fairly easily. Would there be any interest in these? I know first question is cost, my guess depending on how many I could get machined at 1 time to bring the cost down. Anywhere from 90-130$ for the rail, brackets, and hardware. you would only have to supply a fpr, everything else would come ready to bolt on. Testing will be done before they are sold of course. The pricing could change though depending on how many buyers I would have. Im not looking to get rich off these im just building my portfolio for down the road and lots of customs designed parts wont hurt. Feed back is welcome. Thanks

fuel%20rail%20prototype.jpg

Could it use a stock fuel pressure reg., or would it require an expensive aftermarket type?
Dave B.

will make it use stock. would rather make it super easy bolt on and just swap over your fpr. i dont want anyone to have to get something else to use it because it woudl add cost to the end user which i dont want them to have. you could use a dodge fpr as it is a 4 bar instead of 3 and is a direct bolt on, i installed my adjustable dodge fpr on socalseans car about a week ago to mess with fuel and it works great. so if you wanetd you could go to a jyard and pick one up and have a new rail plus quite a bit more fuel if you need it :)

^^thanks for the interest, im gong to be working on my volvo tomorow so ill take off the rail so take measurements and start drawing something up. soon as i have something ill post it here and start with the qouting from some of my machine shops. Thanks .. also if anyne is interested i could get tehse anodized in blue, red, gold and black as well but itll add to the cost and since i wont have tons of these to get done at 1 time i dont know how much itll be but ill be sure to get a quote and let everyone know.

^^ its all dependant on the interest, id rather try to get 10 get made at 1 time instead of 3, itll bring the cost down a bit. If i dont get uch more than what is in this thread i dont kno if itll be worth it to anyone if they have to pay alittle more because so few people wanted them.

besides looks im not to sure on how restrictive our stock rails are at higher hp numbers but basically itll flowmore than you will probably be able achieve lol higher presure shouldnt be an issue unless your running like some crazy amounts of boost ( 50 psi + ) using an afpr and turning up the pressure to the max enough fuel which i dont see happening, and even then the rail will handle itas itll bea very solid piece. i havent cut open a stock rail so i have no idea on the passages but tehse rails will have 1/2 passages so you can figure that out compared to stock that flow will be of no issue

more depth in the bore

The biggest issue I have with the stock fuel rail is having enough depth in the injector bore and not being able to move the rail any closer to the head to get a good oring seal on #4 with the CFIs. The second oring is sort of peeking out and it has pushed out once already. It would be cool eith either the mount was adjustable to move the whole rail closer and if the bore were like a 1/16 deeper to get that second oriing way up in there.

If that could be done I'd be interested.

BTW has anyone ever had fuel starvation or uneven distribution issues with the stock rail?

Lemme know.

Thanks
Renny

Ive always found the stock rail to be adequate. Also, i had cfi's in for a while and i never had any issues with number 4. Is your rail straight?

like i said its just something i thought id offer, if people want something adjustable and so on the price will go up as ill have to put time into it and itll change the bracketry, i just thought i would offer it sinces its different and no one else offers it. im not trying to advertise this as some big hp adder or anything or get rich off of it as why it has a low price. i figured it would be a nice custom piece that most people will not have, also i cant really accomdate to just specific people since not everyone will run the same exact setup. if any one has anymore ideas and you guys can vote on it so i dont have so many different configurations running in my head. if not itll just be a simple bolt on only swapping injectors and your fpr.

Back