• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 242 Daily Driver. PROJECT GRANDPA

Looks great. Now add the BOOST! The tall gears with some positive pressure is awesome.
Haha thanks, no boost on this guy. Looking to keep it very simple. I may do a bigger engine at some point if this 4.8 gives up the ghost. It feels like just the right amount of power to not destroy all the stock parts on the car lol

Here is a video of it with the t56 swap. That's all that has been done between the last video and this one. It pulls amazingly well for a completely stock 4.8 with over 350k on it. The big kicker to me and I forget to do this is that it has a completely stock 240 fuel system down to the pumps and wiring. I still haven't even changed the spark plugs or wires or anything since I pulled it from the shop truck.

The car has been so much fun and so refreshing. It feels like the perfect amount of power for the stock running gear. So I decided to step up in the suspension department a hair. I made 2 sets of coil overs for the car, one set of short struts and one traditional length. I decided to go with the traditional length as of right now. I went with 250lb springs plus a tender and yoshifab gaz inserts. Bought the bne sleeve kit and stop ring because they are really nice and simple.

kfZnoZz.jpg

A1QQXHI.jpg

E5YFfCe.jpg

Then came the brake system. I wanted to get rid of as much original Volvo stuff as possible and also save some weight. I went with the sts wilwood kit. I did this for a few reasons, crazy lightweight even when compared to the stock stuff. They actually fit rwd wheels for the most part without needing spacers, and about same amount of pad material as the r brakes and ats brakes and much much lighter. I will say after doing the swap I have never felt brakes this good on a 240. I've done the ats, rx7s, modded stockers and these take the cake so far. No weird squealing or brake drag either. Will update this if anything weird happens

hu4jwKS.jpg

xq2FdWb.jpg

sjZ0Ohr.jpg

After this there are some more suspension and brake stuff down the line and them some cooling stuff to get it ready for some track days at Laguna seca

I don’t think people fully understand the weights savings and increased cooling with the Wilwood kit. You don’t think the stock stuff is heavy until you compare them side by side.

What brake pads did you end up using with the Wilwoods?

I don’t think people fully understand the weights savings and increased cooling with the Wilwood kit. You don’t think the stock stuff is heavy until you compare them side by side.

What brake pads did you end up using with the Wilwoods?
Yea when I saw the weight break down I was a little skeptical but holy crap it's a light kit.the stock setup is so heavy and the bigger brembo calipers and rotors are even heavier. After I bedded in the pads a bit I took the car on a nice road near work where I could easily overheat the stock brakes and these basically laughed at it. I'm really looking forward to getting that rear setup on here to just to get rid of all that cast iron crap.

Also these are the pads I got. So far so good. I daily drive the car about 60 miles a day so it will be fun to see if any funny business comes up!

Replaced the door seals and window regulator. Other then that haven't had to really do anything to the car at all. I'm going to do the oil change on it and head to Davis for the meet this weekend with it!

Back