• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

DYNO-Baseline then Alky

frostburner

dynorun.JPG

I finally got to dyno my car this past saturday.. 92 940.. Bone stock Except browntops- and K&N Drop in.Car as out in the sun for a bit with no cool down between runs.. . Bottom run as shown Stock... Top 2 runs are with alky turned on and 14 psi.. some nice gains but as you can tell car does not breath on stock exhaust system with very old cats and muffler. Now to do some full mods i have planned.. stage 0 of course..lol as it was never done .. then 3inch exhaust.. rebuilt 48/52 t3, cai, ported 90+, 18 psi, 52lb inj, 4bar, magnecore wires.. another nozzle for my alky injection. turbo cam, custom ecu flash ( secret ;) not megasquirt. But a stand alone ) and some things im keeping to myself.. :).. shooting for 235-250 hp 260 ft lbs next time I dyno..

can either of the turbos in question really support 17-18 psi? (assuming stock on his car is the mitsu and his upgrade would be the .52/.48

15 on my .52 def felt like the ragged edge

sweedfiend runs 17 everyday w/mitsu on his daily(only)driver...intake temps read around 115-125 with the air temp sensor mounted in the mani so we excpect some of that to be heat soak..keep on pimpin

the 52 should support it fine.. a 48/42 supported 20 psi on one of my other turbo cars and it pulled very very hard.. and it wasnt as modded as im modding this one.. plus the turbo will be freshly rebuilt and wont be all beat down ..

is there a way to calculate at what point does +1 psi cease to mean anying given boyle law of gases ( PV= nRT ) (volume and R are constant so Pressure = molecules * temperature )

or i guess thats what a compressor map is for huh

too bad I couldn't get my car on the dyno after you. people at work may start to respect our cars......

socalsean said:
too bad I couldn't get my car on the dyno after you. people at work may start to respect our cars......

yea once we get ur car dynoed and my car redynoed they will respect a bit more, actualy take notice that we can lay down some numbers.. altohugh its still a volvo and we wont be able to get away from the soccer mom, grocery car joke ever..lol its ok its all in good fun

frostburner said:
yea once we get ur car dynoed and my car redynoed they will respect a bit more, actualy take notice that we can lay down some numbers.. altohugh its still a volvo and we wont be able to get away from the soccer mom, grocery car joke ever..lol its ok its all in good fun
i'll go to the next one. you still gotta come by some time so i can hook up that manual over ride switch.

yea i knoe. its hard finding time.. im booked for another month..lol.. but yea i need to hook it up and clean up the wiring a bit and hide it away

Hey frostburner,

When you say alky im assuming your talking an alcohol injection set up of some description, such as methanol?? cause thats some impressive gains from running the alcohol.

Cheers.

Back