• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Boom baby! With the new relay the front wipers have full functionality. Amazing. I tried the front relay in the rear socket and the rear wiper started working in the "delay" position (previously only worked in "on"), but with no delay. I'll see if I can find a yellow relay during my next outing to the JY. Just in time for summer...

Anybody want to buy a speedo? I paid $1000. On sale for $15. Local pick up...

Why does my E-fan hate me? Summer is here. Can't risk engine damage. Sigh...

Death to false Efans!!

IMG_7704-M.jpg

IMG_7706-M.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd test the head gasket.

Every time you post like that I have to check to see if you put a secret message in white text.

:lol:

Hey, it's not touching the red part.

Mine gets close to that hot if I don't turn it on manually, I think my switch is too hot. Also running AC with no air scoop on a turbo, so yeah. With the fan on manually it stays smack in the middle.

That's strange Carl. Never seems to get like that on me unless it's low or there is air in the system. Otherwise it stays in the middle maybe a little above when stopped in traffic. Sorry for your hard work to just fail on you.

Yeah, there must be something wrong with your system or fan. Low speed is fine even with AC and intercooler in front of the cheap aftermarket rad for me.

When I first installed the electric (Davis) I used a manual switch and she was fine. Even in San Francisco traffic, the fan kept her cool. I could never get the various thermo switches to work properly. Sux. I liked the clean engine bay.

I'm currently running a 92c in the upper hose. Need to try something colder, but I do think my aftermarket temp sender for the gauge reads a bit high.

I thought about plugging the sensor into the upper or even the rad itself. The lower hose seems like most popular fitment. Oh well, water under the bridge.

On another issue...

Hard start cold. I think I read something about the TPS. If I crack the throttle she fires. Thoughts?

Kindly explain to me how a rat's nest of wiring and sensors hacked into the radiator hoses 'cleans up' the engine bay?

Furthermore the 240's electrical system was not designed for an efan's draw.

Not to mention when the efan is on it's consuming ~2 X as much power due to the losses in the alternator and then the fan motor.

:e-shrug:

What temp switch you got in that there SCAAB T?

The older Wahler ones off a CI / kjet car are kinda 87C on and 82 off or something. They're not bad and last the longest. Most of the E-fan setups run on the ragged edge for the temp switch and reactively at best. The CI cars they ran a little cool since they'd pass emissions running slightly cooler and don't really care much about exact coolant temp much like a carb with a heat source strictly speaking for fuel mixture control. Tho OP temp is an interesting subject...even F1 cars run 190ish F.

Fan switch in the upper hose :doh: In a heat exchanger system you want to know the outlet temp or engine coolant temp BEFORE the thermostat. Volvo has it kinda right, they have the temp switch on the upper cold end tank of the rad on the regina E-fan 7/9s when the ECU doesn't control it as it does on the bosch cars. Whole rad gets heat soaked and it kicks on the fan exactly as the t-static spring operating the valve in the fluid pumping clutch does...albeit a bit more reactively and most e-fans are borderline too little too late if the car tows with the A/C on.
Switch in the lower hose works reliably (though not as elegant as variable ECU control like a modern car) with the right temp switch and everything sized appropriately. It's also nice in the lower hose in that if you lose a little coolant, the temp switch isn't measuring air temp as a failsafe...

Last edited:
Kindly explain to me how a rat's nest of wiring and sensors hacked into the radiator hoses 'cleans up' the engine bay?

Furthermore the 240's electrical system was not designed for an efan's draw.

Not to mention when the efan is on it's consuming ~2 X as much power due to the losses in the alternator and then the fan motor.

:e-shrug:

Well you see...

They put them on race cars and...

Oh hell.

:grrr:

Back