• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quoted $800 USD for a 3" catback and muffler???

I have a TME Catback that I am going to be putting up for sale very soon, I just removed it off my car a few days ago.
Sounds good, PM sent.

I have the non ss version. There's a few others running this exhaust.

It's not a direct bolt on. The hangers on the rear muffler are just down right wrong and the bolts supplied for the connection to the downpipe are too large in diameter.

I'm not real crazy about it, but it is an improvement from the stock system.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll start my own thread asking for people who own an OBX system for their opinion. I'm looking forward to buying TLAO's TME system, but if not I want to be prepared. Can I ask if you happen to remember what hanger you ended up using for the rear muffler? I'm thinking that if I can order what part you used to hang the rear muffler at the same time I order an OBX system, it'll save a bunch of time. I'm guessing it was this one:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vo...MItaDF-8rj2gIVFQOGCh36uQqLEAQYASABEgKniPD_BwE

I'm in NC I got vband on aftermarket turbo. For 3 inch exhaust with my muffler 500 what I got priced. That's with cat and bugs for o2 sensor. But I guess it all on where you are. In Florida I was looking at 6 to 7. And again I have a borla waitltail

Can I ask if you happen to remember what hanger you ended up using for the rear muffler? I'm thinking that if I can order what part you used to hang the rear muffler at the same time I order an OBX system, it'll save a bunch of time. I'm guessing it was this one:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vo...MItaDF-8rj2gIVFQOGCh36uQqLEAQYASABEgKniPD_BwE

The shop cut the "main" hangers off of the OBX muffler and welded them back in the correct location. I used the word "main" because the muffler has another set of hangers that are on the tailpipe, they aren't used for our application.

I'm really glad I paid someone to deal with the headache of installing the system. I couldn't have imagined doing that in my driveway on my back. Plus, I don't have a welder...

I just spent $400 for the components to build 3" exhaust systems for both my 740's. 2 Cherry Bomb Salute mufflers (magnaflow copy), 2 generic resonators, a 3" cat for my turbo wagon, and a speedway motors 3" exhaust pipe kit. Seriously the exhaust pipe kit was a screaming deal, I don't know how they can sell it that cheap. $170 shipped. If you bought everything it comes with individually, it would run you double that. It's nothing fancy, mild steel tubing, but it should weld nice.

Hey kid, “if someone made you an offer, please respond.”

I have things to do and if you’re backing out it would be nice to know.

Hey kid, ?if someone made you an offer, please respond.?

I have things to do and if you?re backing out it would be nice to know.

Hahaha what? You sent me a PM saying you'll get back to me if you're free so I've been waiting for your answer as to whether or not you'll be available.

Hahaha what? You sent me a PM saying you'll get back to me if you're free so I've been waiting for your answer as to whether or not you'll be available.

I responded to this thread because you said you were going to do the job yourself.

My answer is no. I have zero time for teenage drama.

Build it your self! Welding skills are key to being a hands on car owner. Your first exhaust will be ugly and the welds embarrassing but in the end rewarding.
Buy a cheap welder and just go for it,

Build it your self! Welding skills are key to being a hands on car owner. Your first exhaust will be ugly and the welds embarrassing but in the end rewarding.
Buy a cheap welder and just go for it,

That's what I'm gunna do. You were the one who really got me into doing the work myself because you brought up some good points at the time. Im in the process of buying the parts I need for it so I'm pumped!

That's what I'm gunna do. You were the one who really got me into doing the work myself because you brought up some good points at the time. Im in the process of buying the parts I need for it so I'm pumped!

:nod: Keep us posted! JEGS or others have decent pipe kits to work from.

Back