• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The most annoying Harmonic Resonation sound in the exhaust

240 240

Millennium Falcon BIG BLOCK CHEVY SWAPPED
Now that I've got this car running again this noise is driving me crazy. I thought it was the drive belts, so I changed all the bushings but no.

The bellhousing bracket feels tight.

Is it the aftermarket Government Oppression device with Booger welds?

Do I need a flex joint in here?

3" cat back?

3" full back?

Bigger 3" downpipe group buy?

Bigger turbo?

Bigger Bug?

Crush it?

Cats often have a heat shield.

I had an exhaust guy weld one once, and it stopped a rattle( not saying that is your problem, but you can start by eliminating what is obvious ).

Last edited:
The bracket looks fine. still tight.

Its definitely the cat shield
I put 3 hose clamps on it and it's still making noise. If I remove the shield will the FBI be on my doorstep tomorrow? Will the passenger seat catch on fire?

Your meow meow is loose and rattling. A quick shot with a weld or two should stop it or just remove the thing. I won't tell. I'm non compliant for CA rules.

I won't tell.
My smog guy won't either.
It already has tack welds on the shield. but its basically foil
I am more concerned about heat getting into the passenger side.
My chassis heat shield is fully intact.

I could also do a blanket but theres mixed reviews about those heating up the cat too much.
This car parks on pavement. Its more the concern about the few times I go offroad on a dirt path and there's weeds that can ignite. But then again no shield underneath on this thing. That probably fell off a while ago lol.

I thought there is shielding on the body there as well as the cat? There is no welded on heat shield on a lot of factory cats so you'll be fine.

Try tightening the flange bolts on the cat to downpipe connection
already checked. they are tight.
This whole area just seems kind of long to not have a support in the middle somewhere or a flex joint
also checked the muffler connections.
Its 100% the aftermarket cat

It's the bell housing bracket. Spray some penetrating oil on it and see if it goes away until it burns off.
so I ripped off the cat heat shield and that solved like only 25% of the problem.
It totally the bellhousing bracket as well.

Do I order a new one, or mess with this one? Do I shim it with some metal strips?

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

Back