• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

Nice fabrication work, it's going to be a great car when your finished (that never happens!).
How about an English lesson, sorry, I just can't help it.
When you finish a part you have made a piece. When there is no war you have peace.
Now carry on:roll:

How about you all get some german lessons? Im tired to talk not in my in my native to you guys ;b

Made the peace for the rear fender
DSC02646.jpg

PLEASE tell me where you got this piece!! Great build by the way!

Nice fabrication work, it's going to be a great car when your finished (that never happens!).
How about an English lesson, sorry, I just can't help it.
When you finish a part you have made a piece. When there is no war you have peace.
Now carry on:roll:

You going to respond to him in perfect Norwegian?

Nice work OP. Keep it up.

Haha:-P
Thanks for the nice comments:)Sorry about the english, will try to remember the peace/piece rule!:-P

Took the bushnings out again, after way to many hours grinding under the car a brushpaintet finish isnt good enough anymoore:-P
DSC05777.jpg

These have been laying around a couple of years, will fix them so I can use them temporary on the 242..Not for driving, only for getting a good hight with the rims and still be able to get it out of the garage:-P
DSC05779.jpg

Removed the spring"plate" in the lathe and grinded of the rest of the weldings after..Will make it adjusteble:)
DSC05798.jpg

Took of 10mm on this pieces for the wattlink
DSC05801.jpg

Fits better now
DSC05805.jpg

And finshed welding a intake for a friend, as before I didnt make the parts, only welding
DSC05814.jpg

DSC05812.jpg

DSC05811.jpg

DSC05807.jpg

Welded this hole
DSC05818.jpg

Made a plug for this hole
DSC05819.jpg

Uses the old pipe to make plugs so I dont get a flat area on the pipe
DSC05820.jpg

Welded and grinded, will grind all the weldings with the sandpapermachine later
DSC05823.jpg

Cutted of and welded this hole
DSC05828.jpg

And made ready the pipe for watercooling to the turbo
DSC05830.jpg

Welded the pipe for the turbo cooling, so now the waterpipe is finished execpt som grinding and paint
DSC05847.jpg

Started on the shockabsorberhouse:-)-P) again..Looked like this
DSC05851.jpg

After grinding..Will make new stop for the shock absorber
DSC05852.jpg

Drilled the hole on the back of the spindel(was welding inside) and pressed the pipe down
DSC05855.jpg

Original vs pressed togheter
DSC05857.jpg

thats a good idea for those considering short struts, no cutting and butt welding the tube.
Yes, its actually really simple:)All you need is a drill and a press..With 10 ton the pipe started moving, after that about 500kg was enough all the way:)

So you cut off the bottom of the pipe and weld it back together with the spindel??
No the bottom of the pipe will stay, so the shockabsorber still fits:)
I will take my sellholm spacer for the joint ball and remake it to fit outside the pipe..Like those lying between the front suspension on this picture:)
IMAG0322.jpg

The line is how much I must make the holes bigger, and then I just trim the edges after!
DSC05866.jpg

Why not get a insert that fits cut the tube sticking out and run the spacer? Also be sure to weld a new seat in the tube for the insert / strut. I wouldnt rely on/ put more stress on those four small balljoint bolts.

polished a little bit to see the color, conisdering to paint it the original color
DSC05869.jpg

Spotted the rear fender where it should be
DSC05873.jpg

The new angle
DSC05874.jpg

Welding spray
DSC05878.jpg

The rest is also ready, needs a bit trimming on the length
DSC05880.jpg

Why not get a insert that fits cut the tube sticking out and run the spacer? Also be sure to weld a new seat in the tube for the insert / strut. I wouldnt rely on/ put more stress on those four small balljoint bolts.

Would be hard to find a insert that fits perfectly?
I dont think the strength is any problem with 12.9 bolts:)The ones I posted pictures of are used on alot of track cars and gets alot of hard driving..Havent seen anyone crack yet!

But u might have a point..I will check a little bit and conisder your advice:)

Welded
DSC05886.jpg

Will spot this togheter instead of "glue" like it is original
DSC05888.jpg

Cutted a little bit more and drilled holes for welding
DSC05902.jpg

Pics with the wheels, I think the wheelarch looks SO much better now!:)
DSC05892.jpg

DSC05894.jpg

DSC05897.jpg

DSC05898.jpg

Spotted this, need to adjust little bit to make it even with the original piece
DSC05905.jpg

Spotted a new piece here
DSC05910.jpg

And here, will weld it fully on the top before I spot it to the lower quarter panel
DSC05911.jpg

Last cutting and drilled holes for welding
DSC05916.jpg

Welding spray and finished welding
DSC05918.jpg

Welded and grinded
DSC05920.jpg

Weldingspray
DSC05923.jpg

Spotted:)
DSC05925.jpg

DSC05929.jpg

DSC05931.jpg

The new piece are bad copys, so the angle in the back needs to be slightly repaired
DSC05927.jpg

inside will look like this
DSC05933.jpg

With the wheel on:)
DSC05935.jpg

DSC05939.jpg

DSC05936.jpg

DSC05943.jpg

DSC05940.jpg

Would be hard to find a insert that fits perfectly?
I dont think the strength is any problem with 12.9 bolts:)The ones I posted pictures of are used on alot of track cars and gets alot of hard driving..Havent seen anyone crack yet!

But u might have a point..I will check a little bit and conisder your advice:)

its easy, im running short koni race inserts buy the insert you need weld in a stop for it and run it, 12.9 might not be a problem but again its still a smart precaution. i talked with ben about this a while back aka trianglesunlimited.

its easy, im running short koni race inserts buy the insert you need weld in a stop for it and run it, 12.9 might not be a problem but again its still a smart precaution. i talked with ben about this a while back aka trianglesunlimited.

Thanks for the tips, but I have a plan now:)Will weld a plate back to the spacer after machining, should be no problem then!

Tool for putting the spacer in the lathe
DSC05947.jpg

Finish
DSC05951.jpg

DSC05952.jpg

Grinded the edge a little bit
DSC05956.jpg

Slided right on after that
DSC05957.jpg

DSC05961.jpg

Grinded little bit
DSC05964.jpg

DSC05963.jpg

Finished, except the plate I will weld on in the opening:)
DSC05966.jpg

Back