• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

Awesome bodywork dude, keep on!

looks good...widening stuff isnt easy.
Thanks!:)It sure isnt easy, alot of measuring, cutting and welding..But its important to take good time and have no rush..

Grinded easy over some parts thats going for gold zink

Took the car to our own "workshop" to work on it

Closeup on the front fender

Mounted the front to check if everything fitted:)

Ofcourse it started raining so I had to take the car away again..But I mangade to weld the last trim holes on the front fender..Small rust repair on the same fender and they are ready

The welding looks good inside also

Started on the windowcleaner tank:)Cutted some parts with the plasma

After some bending

Ofcourse I had forgot a small piece on the drawing:grrr:

Made the "pumphouse"

The pump will stay her, but a bit lower..Made it like this so it wont show in the car

Parts for houseconnection and drainplug

Lid will go here, but with some piping first

2,5" pipe and elbows for the tank

Have to come up with something nice here

Grinded and cleaned for welding

Testing, but its not lying where it should now..Just to see it will fit in the hole:)

Adjusted this piece

Spotted

And adjusted and spotted the last piece:)

Finish welding

Had some luck and found this piece

Put on some welding, will put it in the lathe and make connection for the lid

First piece for the filling pipe, need to bolt the tank before I make the rest

Turbo part I welded for a friend, belongs to a 2,8l 6 syl 960 enginge..580hk and over 700nm:cool::omg:

man.. i was always wondering where you are located in Norway.. now i know :) Your garage is directly @ the feet of a mountain in direct neibourhood to a lake.. ...in the mountains.. yeah.. ;)

man.. i was always wondering where you are located in Norway.. now i know :) Your garage is directly @ the feet of a mountain in direct neibourhood to a lake.. ...in the mountains.. yeah.. ;)

Hahaha:-P I live in a narrow valley, and the "lake" is a "fjord":-P
Or actually, Im only there in the weekends..My mother and father lives there but I moved to get a decent job..
Love the place, the nature is INCREDIBLE!

Yeah.. its about you doing awesome stuff in awesomness surrounded by OMG!

A good buddy of me lives near to Dalen.. Also Awesome Nature.. ..like anywhere else in Norway.. ;) visited him a few times yet...

Yeah.. its about you doing awesome stuff in awesomness surrounded by OMG!

A good buddy of me lives near to Dalen.. Also Awesome Nature.. ..like anywhere else in Norway.. ;) visited him a few times yet...

Yes, we are very lucky with the nature here:)To bad the weather is mostly to bad to enjoy the nature:-(
Here is a pic from a mountain top almost over my house and in the valley:)Its rainy and grey, but image this with sun and blue sky:-P

The house in the middle of the picture is where my parents live:)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...1014091966491.422526.701116490&type=3&theater

Hahaha:-P I live in a narrow valley, and the "lake" is a "fjord":-P
Or actually, Im only there in the weekends..My mother and father lives there but I moved to get a decent job..
Love the place, the nature is INCREDIBLE!

Isn't Norway the country that does a lot of logging, but plants so many new trees that the amount of forest is actually increasing?

Isn't Norway the country that does a lot of logging, but plants so many new trees that the amount of forest is actually increasing?

Not quite sure, but it sure looks like its true!:-P

Pics from last sunday..Got the last reinforcement out from the rear fender

Much easier to protect from rust now

Made a thread pipe for the windowcleaner tank drainplug

Last edited:

Got a new stearingwheel!Havent recived it yet, but a friend of me have it at his place:)Traded it for some welding:)

Mounted the waterpipe to make the last bracket for it..Looks like there will be smale space for exhaust manifold:roll:

Welded:)Welded the underside after dismounting again

Dynamo/servobracket was splitted

Mounted:)Will use a electric powerstearing pump, thats why I did like this

The stick is mounted with new gasket

Mounted this again, someone know what this is?:)

Been looking at this, need to get them bolted togheter

Must take out the bolt and make a new longer that fits through the thermostat and connect with the filter:)

Made a connection for the watercleaner tank

Made "brakets" for attaching the pump with M6 threads

Cutted out this plates on the plasma..Will be wattlink rotor when its finished:)

Spotted them togheter and grinded them

Marked and drilled:)

Seen some people have problems with space on the oilpan, so I cutted the crosssupport:-P

Spotted

Turned the ends for a nice transaction

These plates I dont need anymoore

Grinded away the weldings and removed them

Got the first piece spotted on

And the second:)Now it only needs full welding and blasting before I mount the new reinforcmentplate

thats how i did my cross member too with the v8, i cut reliefs like that and pushed the middle in with a vise and welded it back up. nice work as always!

thats how i did my cross member too with the v8, i cut reliefs like that and pushed the middle in with a vise and welded it back up. nice work as always!

So you had spacetrouble there also?:)I dont think the oilpan is touching on my car, but better safe than sorry!And if I some day want to put a 2jz or something in there it can be nice with some extra space:)

Did some more work on the wattlink..Will weld it to the shaft before I make the hole inside

Made spacers to keep the right distance

Also welded the last pipe to my friends 960 with turbo:)Will be really cool with so little hoses!Welded a pipe for dumpvalve on the pipe I welded last time also..Will try to get a picture of the engine bay later:)

A friend at work helped me make the hole in the wattlink:)Should be H7 inside so I dont have the skills to make that..Big guy, 119 kilos and size 49 shoes:lol:

Welded the first rotor, will make one for a friend also:)

Got it in the lathe and made the end straight

He drilled with 24mm drill, finish hole should be 28

Finish inside:)Could be maximum 20 hundreds over 28 with the H7 measurment, this was 7 hundreds over

Didnt manage to cut it of in the lathe after I welded the rotor, so we cut it with grinder and put it to the fres after

Finish straightend out:)

Totaly finished after removing some sharp edges..The other one is ready for inside hole

Back