• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No longer mom's grocery getter(1991 244)

Oooh, you're kind of right... But, I think I'll have to pass. For now anyway. If this thing ever evolves into something somewhat insane(there's a good chance it may), I could see a carbon hood in its future. The group A wing? Not as sure about that, but who knows.

it just kinda looks like it has a wing on it in the picture above, but i know what you mean

and besides, it would only look cool if it was raw carbon and you had that look going with the rest of the car, I think

Yeah, it does kind of look like it has one, and I guess that's why it looks like it could be a good fit for the car, lol. And, by the time I have a carbon hood, you better believe there'll be more carbon on it, and there will be much less chrome, and the windows will be darker... :) I don't think I'll be getting the tint this year, gotta get a new windshield first... I'd rather just get the suspension and other stuff I already have on their way/lying around done for this year. Along with cleaning up some misc. stuff, like the airbag contact reel getting replaced, putting in some new bulbs in some of the switches(AC switch, one seat heater switch, and the rear foglight switch), and converting the AC to 134. I need to pull the radiator out and blow out the debris that's blocking it(along with the ac condensor) and flush the cooling system. Oh, and rear brakes will probably be "serviced" sometime this year as well.

I didn't bother with that(engine compartment, didn't mean to have it on display, I was just heating the shop...), but yes, I agree... :)

I can't wait for next year when I get some slightly smaller tires on it... And new wheel spacers, hub centric style, of not 25mm thicknesses... :cool:

Some news... The A cam isn't that bad up top in reality... While doing the ignition timing mod(now 3 deg. advanced), I noticed that my spark pattern was a bit F'd up... After only ~15,000 miles, my cap and rotor were spewing extra sparks while skipping others...? New plugs in(bp6es instead of bpr6es), coolant flush, Mobil 1 15-50, fuel filter...

Car feels much better up top now, even if my Aurora spark plug wires are not actually connected. Well, one is, but the other three have all pulled apart. F'n pathetic. I'm going to contact them and request some money back, or at the very least new wires. I don't even want to run these anymore though because of it.

It was falling pretty much flat on it's face above 5000, now it continues to pull, much more like the V15... Can't wait to get it back on the track! Dyno should be next week sometime, possibly.

Last edited:
I put an A cam in my brother's 1990 245 - could you please give some more information the advanced timing mod ? Does it involve a computer swap? Trying to squeeze a little more performance so every bit helps. By the way, one of the nicest late model 240's I have seen!

Dyno round two:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=1201111

Car needs an exhaust, new spark plug wires, and an E-fan bad. Then it's on to the air conditioning and driveshaft support+bearing. Maybe differential's pinion seal and some synthetic fluid back there too. Front suspension isn't done yet, but the springs should be getting powdercoated this week I hope, and they'll go in with the front bilsteins next week or so. Gotta toss the rear SS lines on too sooner or later.

Dale's cam gear is in and set to 2 degrees advanced, a new 88C thermostat is in to replace the 71C one I toyed with for a week, and my coil is secured. My ignition issue seems to be gone for the most part, and the car now feels better down low, and the same up top, sweetness!!!

Front springs are getting bead blasted, and should be installed along with the Bilstein HDs up front hopefully by the end of next week's weekend. w00000!

The to do list is narrowing down... :) 16V injectors will be getting cleaned/flowed next month and tossed in. I'm going to send John a PM right now about getting me some new red spark plug wires. :nod:

:) Thanks man!

I might as well mention that my best 60' is 2.531(vs. mid-2.6 with V15 and shorter tires) with the big tires and a burnout to heat them/one of them up. Best 1/4 is 17.802. With smaller tires I'll be less slow. But before I go to the track again, I want to get a few more things done to the car, so it'll probably not be until late this summer before I race the car again. The bike'll make it out to PIR though sooner... :)

Last edited:
have you looked at an 850 wing on the 86+ trunk? I've seen some sweedes with that and it looked pretty nice. (I'll race you in my n/a wagon when it's "finished" in a couple months :-P )

I haven't... I'm not about to do any body modifications to this car anytime soon though. Except for maybe cut out some of the tray underneath the rear bumper maybe for the sake of aerodynamics.(edit, or not...)

Last edited:
Driveshaft support bearing/mount, differential seal and gasket, and synthetic rear end fluid getting done this week. I took out the timing mod because I wasn't noticing any difference with the way I had it(may not have had a good ground) and I want to use lower octane gas. I'm really tempted to pull the head and put on a thinner MLS headgasket... Eeek. If i do that I want to clean up the combustion chamber. Eeeek. :-P Whatever, not right now! Must restrain!!!

Well, I didn't restrain quite enough. A recent selling spree has left me with a credit card balance that is much lower than it has been in a long time, sooo... I'm naughty. Bought some PBR Ultimates for the rear, Satisfied GS6 pads for the front(should hold up to the track better, if I ever get out there), and front Brembo replacement rotors(ON SALE FOR $21!!!!!) at Tire rack... I'll get some rear rotors from work, and then I'll finally be ready to toss on my SS rear brake lines and have a completely transformed braking system. Right now I think it has some cheapass lifetime pads on it, that may be glazed. I haven't overheated them yet though, well, one time I came close, but that's it.

Then there's the Jegs order... 2.5" Magnaflow/carsound cat, 2.5" Dynomax race bullet muffler, and a Magnaflow 2.5" 4x9" oval. That'll be going in with mandrel bent piping, a lengthened downpipe with a gasket matched inlet, and an upper manifold section that's also gasket matched(on both ends).

I'll also be looking into relocating my horns for more airflow to the radiator, and maybe modifying the center support brace up there for more airflow as well.

Whitetop injectors should be in the mail tomorrow for getting cleaned/flowed. And then next on the list will be AC fixation! Damnit, who told me to spend all this money.

Back