• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adam's Street 244 GL

Cheers. Can't wait to try them out. One of them is slightly buckled, so i'll need to straighten it out. Should be ok tho. Hopefully they are gonna be enough to run the brakes i am thinking of haha... :D

Just ordered these bad boys Of Ben...

sphericalaxlebearings2_1024x1024.jpg

Can't wait to fit em, as that's one of the 5 things i failed the MOT today... Oh well... It will be better very soon! Coilovers coming in a few weeks, and then we'll see what's next! :)

ADam

As far as i have read allover the place, they are amazing! :) Also getting the adjustable rose jointed torque rods from one company over here, in the uk. Should be cool! :) Anyone know what's the lenght of the torque rods from eye to eye?

Did this today...
10592695_10154464586215321_5940487158303014964_n_zps77afc461.jpg

There were me and a friend of mine in the car, i had also a hydraulic jack in the boot, two sets of tools, various cans of fluids, a spare wheel, full tank of gas, an open diff and crappy tyres... hmm... Makes me wonder... Still can't believe that this car can do that lol :D

Hey people! Finally an update from me!! And it's a big one!

A while back i went to a company called Gaz Shocks, here, in the UK, based just outside London to see if they were willing to make me some coilovers. And they did!

After a few calls to negotiate all the rates, prices, spring rates and what i want i went to see them with my original struts and the whole malarchy.

I left wondering what's the outcome going to be as i have seen some of their work, and i have driven some of the cars fitted with their coilovers or even the insert replacements, and i was absolutely amazed of how the cars drove... But, i have never been in a volvo 240 with coilovers, so i wouldn't be able to say how it all works until i fit mine!

After i left them i was really happy, as i have never done anything like that, and never even tried upgrading any of my previous cars suspension etc... Well, times change lol...

One day a postman dropped by and delivered this box while i was at work:

DSC_0314_zps51dd0828.jpg

Yeah, i was excited!! Now here's some more detailed pics...

DSC_0315_zpsb33198e4.jpg

DSCN0868_zpse0ecb988.jpg

DSCN0862_zpse7b2741a.jpg

You are right, it says e36 on the camber plate, but as i have seen, they fit the turret without any mods, apart from the enlargement of the camber adjustment hole... :)
DSCN0863_zpscb608550.jpg

DSCN0864_zpsf36c12d2.jpg

DSCN0865_zps008544cf.jpg

DSCN0866_zpsb644d296.jpg

I have also ordered a set of the rear shocks off them, that are in the process of making,so will be with me shortly...

The springs on the coilovers are 500lb, so i am wondering what springs to use on the rear as i have no idea haha... Can anyone help me with that? :) I would think that i could use something like 350lb or 400lb spring??

Me and Adam (240GLT) will be redoing the fuelling in a few weeks time, addind a bosch 044 pump inline, and also replacing all the hoses, accompanied with a 4 bar adjustable FPR, browntop injectors off a saab 9.3 aero, and an enlarged to 3inch AMM... Also, as i figured out that my car is actually running around 1.3bar boost, not as i have already thinking of a 1bar... it needs some fuelling adjustments... Then i will concentrate to get a proper sized intercooler and see how it will behave. Might upgrade all the hoses to 3 inch too...

Another thing that happened a while back, was that the car was struggling to rev through 4k-4.5k rpm... I started to think that the fuel filter was clogged up, so replaced that... It helped a bit, but didn't cured the problem, then i replaced the dizzy and cap, still the same... Also replaced the spark plugs, and still, the car was struggling as before... One time, when i was showing the symptoms to a friend of mine, on WOT, the car started shaking and the "Check engine light" came on... I was trying to see the codes, but all it showed was bad lambda and nothing else, but i was unable to reset the light whatever i was doing... But one time i somehow had an idea to read the OBD sensor's port number 6... And here it is, a fault code saying that the knock sensor is bad. I quickly checked the code table, but it said that there is no such thing for a knock sensor on a lh2.4 system, so i erased the codes and was still struggling with the car as i was before. Only when i went to see Chesh and the crew a few weeks ago after various drives up and down the road Chesh decided to see the state of the knock sensor... And, up and behold, It was LOOSE!!! Tightened it all up and Voila, the car runs as sweet as a nut! Ohhh... I was one of the happyest dudes on the road haha... :D There's always some little tiny detail that you can miss, and when you find it, you think ohh... What the hell? :D

Right, i will be updating this soon, as there will be stuff arriving for the AMM upgrade, fuelling adjustments and some other stuff, so let me know what you think and check it out in a week or so, maybe i will have some new stuff added ;)

Cheers for reading. All the ideas and comments are welcome as always!!

P.S.

Has anyone got a spare Buchka wasted spark board for sale? I do wanna ditch the dizzy!! Speak to me people!!

Cheers, ADam

Well, the coilovers with camber plates cost me ?757.50... If you think about it, it's more than the whole car cost me, but also, if you think that they were made FOR my car, thinking about how much the car weighs and so on, that is not that bad, considering those coilovers are the best they make, as they are Gaz GOLD, which are track based stuff :)

Cheers

At last. It's nice to see a brick modified by a lithuanian. Keep up the good work. Sėkmės, linkejimai i? Lietuvos. :)

Hey!!

So today i managed to take the old girl for a bit of shopping and at the same time did a little photoshoot.. I know i should have washed the car beforehand, but i think it is not very efficient at this time of year as it will get dirty enough in a few days...

DSCN0965_zps7fd9446b.jpg

DSCN0966_zpsad1e3320.jpg

DSCN0967_zps1c1f7367.jpg

DSCN0968_zps4fa3665a.jpg

DSCN0969_zps46a0088a.jpg

DSCN0971_zpsbf2bde80.jpg

DSCN0973_zps02e644ef.jpg

DSCN0974_zpse09e33c6.jpg

Also a few days ago i had a chance to play around with the spare (I thought to be a dead one) AMM and make it into a 3 inch one, so here goes:

DSCN0903_zpscd22ffa7.jpg

DSCN0904_zps8542b276.jpg

DSCN0905_zps388304dc.jpg

DSCN0907_zps4813c170.jpg

DSCN0908_zps99c4d2e8.jpg

DSCN0909_zps20e94ce5.jpg

DSCN0910_zpsc8235707.jpg

DSCN0912_zps4b66af47.jpg

DSCN0913_zpse8ebb8a0.jpg

DSCN0914_zpsc0279be7.jpg

DSCN0915_zpsf5c84466.jpg

DSCN0916_zps4cbfc46b.jpg

After i was done i taped the gaps with the electrical tape to make sure it doesn't get any air from the outside and taped it all up to the hose that goes into the turbo, connected it all up and it seems that it works.

DSC_0379_zps9zelzruo.jpg

I had this AMM ages ago when i had the first engine swapped in, but i thought it was toast as there were alot of fault codes kicking about in the OBD sensor, but it seems to be working good, so i am just waiting for the Windscreen sealant to turn up, so i can actually glue it all into the tube and wait till i get a chance to upgrade my piping into 3inch as well as the intercooler and air filter.

That's it for today :)

Cheers for watching :)

ADam

Last edited:
Innnnnnteresting, innovation/cobbling makes me happy. edit: Waiting for windscreen sealant to turn up? Why not some good silicone glue/sealant or RTV that should be available at the hardware store?

I have seen silicone being quite corrosive for carious surfaces, and the Windscreen sealant is usually non corrosive, so should be good for the job, also it's black too :D

Thanks for bumping this thread, I never saw it before ... good car,
good to see such familiar strange faults and solutions cropping up.
My Lamba sensor died, giving me a hideous 20mpg one time ... such a shock from the normal 29-31,
got one off that there evilbay and the last full trip I'm back to great mileage again. Yeay.

I'm going to straighten my dented Virgo soon : any tips specific to these?

Hey bud, cheers for the comments!

Well, my MOG went from around 30'ish to 14 when the Lambda went haha... I dunno about the wheel straightening. There's a few companys that deal with wheel stuff, but noone seems to be able to straighten the bent wheel, when it is wobbling from side to side... The exact way one of the Volk Racing is now...

Adam

And today, a very kind postman has dropped these bad boys at my door...

DSC_0395_zpsblblemxt.jpg

Now i only need rear springs and adjustable seats for it all and we are good to go!!

Anyone got any ideas on the rear springs? The front coilovers are 500LB... Should i go for 400lb springs for the rear?

Cheers for looking!

ADam

Are you mounting springs in the stock location? Because the motion ratio in the back is about 1.22, so the wheel rate will be 1.22^2 times the spring rate. I have 500/250 on my 245 and I think it's pretty well balanced. If you go too stiff in the back it's going to be pretty rough. Also, do you know what damping values those rear shocks have?

Back