• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Upgraded 940 Intercooler options

PNW760

Currently I?m running a stock Mitsubishi Evo 8 intercooler, but it?s a little thicker, so it doesn?t allow for me to run my radiator, intercooler AND the stock AC Condenser(currently my ac condenser is removed to allow for proper fitment of my radiator and intercooler). Are there any solid aftermarket options that allow for a larger intercooler but also the AC Condenser and radiator with no fitment issues?

Last edited:
FWIW I've been eyeing the KL racing myself. FCP had the D088 on super cheap pricing for a hot second back in the spring, but the price has shot back up quite a bit. There's also always the NPR option too if you're willing/have the space and means to do some extra work.

Personally, I have been thinking of testing the waters to see if a few folks were interested in getting together for a PNW group buy on the KL Racing.

The current Euro to USD exchange rate is the lowest it's been in years. Not looking to do a full pallet, but just shy of that- there are some savings to be had with shipping when it's a few things being complied...

FWIW I've been eyeing the KL racing myself. FCP had the D088 on super cheap pricing for a hot second back in the spring, but the price has shot back up quite a bit. There's also always the NPR option too if you're willing/have the space and means to do some extra work.

Personally, I have been thinking of testing the waters to see if a few folks were interested in getting together for a PNW group buy on the KL Racing.

The current Euro to USD exchange rate is the lowest it's been in years. Not looking to do a full pallet, but just shy of that- there are some savings to be had with shipping when it's a few things being complied...

KL racing is what I?m eyeing since they have a full 3in exhaust as well that would pair with the 16t and other goodies that I?m prepping for the car. If I can get a intercooler while I?m there, I wouldn?t mind it.

NPR wouldn?t work as the Evo 8 intercooler is already basically that size and it?s obstructing the space to run my AC Condenser. So I was looking for something performance but plug and play, which the KL racing seems to be

Do88 Intercooler I purchased a couple years back from EEuroparts.com (on sale) and has been one of the best upgrades so far. Especially once FALL hits! :-D

FWIW, I just ordered the KLR 940 intercooler for $400 shipped. The intercooler was only $212 and the rest was shipping, but still cheaper than a domestic do88 IC

You guys should of jumped on the fcp sale. It was $334 and free shipping to boot. Hell, I wished I would grabbed one too just cause. Yeah I'd still order from KL racing. I hope shipping comes down in the next few years. It was reasonable before.

You guys should of jumped on the fcp sale. It was $334 and free shipping to boot. Hell, I wished I would grabbed one too just cause. Yeah I'd still order from KL racing. I hope shipping comes down in the next few years. It was reasonable before.

yup! thats when I grabbed mine, posted the link here. Think they sold out of their stock at the time

yea I got one cheap on that sale a day later it shot back up it is a nice unit

Man for the money I dont think you can beat NPR, I searched around and hot mine for cheap. Its all aluminum, I had a treadstone, Noticed no difference between npr and the treadstone. In fact I had to add some fuel to my maps with the npr. Thansk

Are the KL intercoolers drop in and play? Any mods needed? For a 1996 940

Some have said it to be drop-in, but I (and a number of other people) had to cut the top bracket off to make it fit properly. Here's a thread that mirrors my observations quite precisely: http://www.turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352059

People have said the DO88 fits better, but it is twice as expensive too, so pick your poison.

Are the KL intercoolers drop in and play? Any mods needed? For a 1996 940

Depends which version you need.

As I said in the thread linked above, my non-AC version with the outlets on top just involved trimming the rubber inserts in the brackets, nothing else.

my non-AC version with the outlets on top just involved trimming the rubber inserts in the brackets, nothing else.
Same here with the non-AC version. IIRC I only trimmed the lower rubbers.

Edit: A friend of mine runs the AC version. I think he just cut the top bracket and it fit after that. Can verify if needed.

Last edited:
working around the a/c isn't that big of a deal, not sure what all the fuss is about

Back