• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Diverter valve

LeedomtoFreedom

I've read a lot of the threads about stalling when using a BOV on LH2.4. A lot of people say that they've gotten it to work but I have another angle.

I've got one of these vw/saab style diverter valves that I'm considering using. I don't care for the choo choo sound and don't want to mess around with stalling.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-turbocharger-intercooler-by-pass-valve-06a145710n

Can I plumb this up without any issues?
This is for an hx35 so using the mitsu cbv is out of the picture.

I'm assume you're not going to be running low boost. Why not turboxs or forge bov? They carry bovs that will recirculate. I'm running a turboxs and it works great. It generally is lower priced than a forge bov.

Funny, last weekend I pulled the same looking diverter valve from a Saab 2.3t in a junkyard. I plan to use it with a slightly bigger T3 I just rebuilt. I see no reason why it wouldn't work

One of the comments mentioned the flutter at 15psi. Is there any way I can hack this one to remedy that? maybe a stiffer spring or some spacers.

I don't think it can be opened without damaging it. Mine looks like it's friction welded together

Funny, last weekend I pulled the same looking diverter valve from a Saab 2.3t in a junkyard. I plan to use it with a slightly bigger T3 I just rebuilt. I see no reason why it wouldn't work

What's the part number of that Saab valve? 103 leaks at I think 10psi. 108, 110, 113 are the good ones.

Edited my sig, thanks wilford. I like to ask questions

I've got a 114. I'd be surprised to see how it performs. I'll probably just use it and if it leaks or something, then step up to something bigger.

The issue is with the venting MAF metered air to atmosphere, be it through a “blow off valve” or a recirculating valve that is venting to atmosphere...nothing to do with the piece of hardware that does it.

If you put the MAF in the cold side piping (after intercooler) as Wilford stated it can lessen the impact of venting charge air to atmosphere....but IMO begs the question, why? FWIW, if it’s turbo noise you are after, you can clearly hear the recirculating noise on a stock car with a cone filter.

Back