• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'87 745 Turbo Theis K1

I finally got all the parts to complete the A/C, since a lot of the parts from the donor car didn't survived the crash. Everything is complete, put together and the A/C is blowing ice cold now.

A few weeks back I helped another brick owner finding a mint headliner for his 740. As thank-you gift he made me this shirt. :cool:

f28t58p7957974n32_LFXHEORv.jpg

I'm working on the next upgrades.
My plan is to retrofit the ABS system, mastercylinder + brakebooster and the whole rear axle from the crashed 940. While working on the brake system I'll upgrade the front brakes from the standart 14" I have right now to the 16" brakes from the 850/V70I. I already collected all the needed parts and started painting the calipers.

f28t58p7957974n38_EFqbdiHr.jpg

f28t58p7957974n39_GjIHPXra.jpg

I started working on another longtime project as well.

f28t58p7957974n34_vxBwbktA.jpg

f28t58p7957974n35_iAJEWhox.jpg

Inspiration came from the triple gauge pods, Volvo offered for the 240s. The console I used was originally for retrofitting a radio to some classic car - no clue which one.

volvo3podlo.jpg

As gauges I plan to use some VDO voltmeter and boostgauge, modded with the needles and faces from the factory gauge cluster. The third slot should be filled with the OE ambient temp gauge made to fit.
The new free space in the gauge cluster should be filled with the rare OE Accessory oil temp and oil pressure gauges, like here:
gauges.jpg

For this project I'm searching for those two gauges (metric) and a earlier boost gauge with the red and yellow scale or at least the face of it. If somebody can offer me one of those gauges / parts, feel free to contact me.

Nice work! Any alternative steering wheels in the works? That would finish out the dash mods.

Did you try the headlamp surrounds in chrome? Somehow the black doesn't flow with the nose.

I realy do like the stock steering wheel. But the almighty R-Sport steering wheel would be a dream. Or maybe the correct one for the bodykit: The classic 3-spoke Nardi.

In my opinion the headlight bezels is, that it need to be the same style as the grill surround and it need a bit contrast to the paint. Chrom suits the darker paints, black the brighter paints.

I realy do like the stock steering wheel. But the almighty R-Sport steering wheel would be a dream. Or maybe the correct one for the bodykit: The classic 3-spoke Nardi.

In my opinion the headlight bezels is, that it need to be the same style as the grill surround and it need a bit contrast to the paint. Chrom suits the darker paints, black the brighter paints.

Any leather wheel would do - there was a leather version in the stock form factor, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, to each his own - I'm definitely no fan of chrome, so I get it. Keep up the good work!

The center of the optional leather wheel looks odd in my eyes. It looks like it was somebodys first try to wrap a steering wheel...

I got the first two gauges for my gauge pod conversion. The ambient temperature gauge I got for dirt cheap straight from sweden, because the wiring and one mounting tap is mission - so ideal for my plans.
f28t58p7957974n43_TnVozvCY.jpg

The second gauge I sourced I came across by accident and it was a bit more expencive. This one won't get hacked to pieces, so it was worth it's money. It came new old stock from a collector in france.
f28t58p7957974n41_IJABvbHc.jpg

f28t58p7957974n42_dupNrXKH.jpg

I used the time when TB was offline to do some work on the Theis again.

The 30+ year old lowering springs and shocks got replaced by some K.A.W. lowering springs (-65mm front / -50mm rear) and some Bilstein B4 gas shocks. The struts got replaced by the ABS version and I installed the 302mm brakes from the 850/V70I.
f28t58p7957974n45_lfmwKjCJ.jpg

This weekend I pulled the 1041 axle from the donor car, replaced all the bushings with Strongflex PU bushes, put on some new brake disks and hand brake pads, painted the calipers and installed some longer wheel stuts for the new 20mm spacers.
f28t58p7957974n46_dafhLAtC.jpg

The headlights are JW Speaker 8800 Evolution 2 with asymetric LHD light pattern. There are a couple of videos on youtube showing their pattern and comparing them to other LED headlights. I'm more than happy with the light output and the beam pattern itself.

Back