• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Matt's 97 V90: The V9000+

The T6 is going slowly. Partly because skiing/snowboarding is expensive.

The manifold leaves a lot to be desired. I'll be bracing the living daylights out of it and hoping for the best. The port spacing is dead-on, so that's nice. It also appears to actually be stainless. Ultimately, I bought this because it was about 1/2 the price of materials to make one and it will serve as a reminder that I need to finish my engine.

Yeah, my car gets hit all the time. I stopped fixing it because it was just getting stupid. Every time I park my car in a space adjacent to another space it gets hit. I have to go around the block to find single parking places.

Soon I'll be moving and will have a garage. I can't wait to move my rolling tool box off the apartment balcony.

After going through about 5 aluminum oxide disks on a single lens and not being happy with the finished product, I opted to work smarter rather than harder.

I ebay'd some diamond disks and whipped up a nice little water swivel for my drill press. This new rig works much better.

WP_000358.jpg

Broke one lens with a bit too much heat after I spun all the water out on my apartment balcony. The whole thing needs to be run in Rubbermaid tub.

Have you a link of said disks?

It makes a difference is rather short time. Just mix it into a slurry in a squeeze bottle and get messy.

I used this with a 3" pad for better control.

No, I was using aluminum oxide powder for a while but it didn't work very well. I'll have to check that out.

educate me. What were You using for why? :wtf:

I'm still scared to of this glass defluting stuff. Wish there were plastic lenses for these cars...

It's used for etching glass. Other TB members have used it for defluting (if I remember correctly). Based on those two data points I figured it would work pretty well.

The problem was that it settles very quickly. Whatever wheel/disk I was using would throw the aluminum oxide out from underneath it and the stuff would just settle to the bottom of the lens. I couldn't keep it lifted in the water for long enough to be effective.

Another thing, you don't need to grind that much down. You only need a 2" wide by 3" tall section depending on how close the projector is to the glass.

You can sort of see what I'm talking about here:

Back