• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MaxxECU Questions and Support/Purchase: Post them here

WillettRun?

†John3:16
300+ Club
Hello,
I am the forefront MaxxECU Dealer and Tuner here (6 years MaxxECU specific experience/development/tuning), providing services and support to Turbobricks. I have done all manners of engines and chassis, and can guide your purchase, sell you a unit/harness, and provide you with real-time tuning and support.

I am making a thread so that anyone with MaxxECU specific questions can be put here, for all to see/comment, and I can answer them to the best of my ability.

just so we're all clear, this is a support thread, not a sales thread. any sales questions should be PM's or go in FS.

carry on.

I’m going to be doing a MaxxECU conversion for a 142 carb’d car. Which ecu would you recommend? Engine should make about 130hp when converted but I may stroke it in future for more torque.

How would you recommend the Ecu be setup? FI sequential or semi sequential? I have a VAG coil pack and was thinking wasted spark ignition, that sensible? I bought a Yoshifab dizzy conversion with the Mitsubishi CAS, do I also need a crank trigger wheel and sensor? Appreciate any help on what’s required to do the conversion.

Attachments

• 728216A8-0844-4952-922A-32142D2ABD2C.jpeg
    728216A8-0844-4952-922A-32142D2ABD2C.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
Right, but let me add, that he Has helped me way way beyond what he had to do, and still does to this day. Lol
Ah man, its been my pleasure.
I’m going to be doing a MaxxECU conversion for a 142 carb’d car. Which ecu would you recommend? Engine should make about 130hp when converted but I may stroke it in future for more torque.

How would you recommend the Ecu be setup? FI sequential or semi sequential? I have a VAG coil pack and was thinking wasted spark ignition, that sensible? I bought a Yoshifab dizzy conversion with the Mitsubishi CAS, do I also need a crank trigger wheel and sensor? Appreciate any help on what’s required to do the conversion.
Howdy,

A MaxxECU Mini would do the job. You only need a CAS (Oem is not required if you are running a CAS) , and sequential fuel is ideal, and easy. Wasted spark will be just fine in that application, make sure you use an external ignitor to drive it.

Main Cas input goes to Trigger, second Cas input goes to DIN1. no external pullup resistors are required, they are software selectable. I recommend adding a fuel pressure sensor, and an external CAN wideband lambda (AEMX is fine, and it saves an analog input).

Ah man, its been my pleasure.

Howdy,

A MaxxECU Mini would do the job. You only need a CAS (Oem is not required if you are running a CAS) , and sequential fuel is ideal, and easy. Wasted spark will be just fine in that application, make sure you use an external ignitor to drive it.

Main Cas input goes to Trigger, second Cas input goes to DIN1. no external pullup resistors are required, they are software selectable. I recommend adding a fuel pressure sensor, and an external CAN wideband lambda (AEMX is fine, and it saves an analog input).
Thanks for the advice.

May i introduce you the newest CAS toys on the market? :)

Sorry for my laziness but does anyone do kits for 140 and Amazon conversions.
Heh, no one seems to be making any harnesses for redblocks at the moment.
Brett...what do I need to make lots of horsepowers
call me so i can hear your beautiful voice and we can talk about it
My MaxxECU Race came in yesterday! Very excited to get this thing running. I found a little stubby antenna that others may be interested in. It's an Amphenol 9000258: 2.4GHz (bluetooth) antenna with a male sma connector.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265478168932?hash=item3dcfbb6164:g:9dgAAOSwxDlhzyJR
much excite, let's document all of the process for install here!

So I'm building a high compression NA motor. Gonna run the maxxecu race. Should I use the IAC or delete it? If I use it, do I drive it with one of the motor outputs on the maxxecu?

Last edited:
Hi Brett,

Is there any issues using the B20 Yoshifab crank and home CAS? Will play between the dizzy drive/cam/crank cause any issues? Any advantage of using a separate crank trigger wheel and only use the CAS for cam location?

Could the MaxxECU be used to control the input to an electric power steering unit with a speed sensor?

Is a 4 wire IAC idle control valve stepper motor a good idea for iidle?

Last edited:
Brett has been extremely helpful in my Maxx progress also. He is outside of my retailer market, but he set me up with a dealer who turned out to be amazing to deal with (thanks Brett). Brett spent a lot of time answering my questions and helping before I bought even though he knew the sale wasn't going to be his.

I ended up with a Race unit. I plan on an E throttle (one of the biggest reasons I went with a race).

Mitch, I plan on running a PS pump from a P1 Volvo. If you look through the Maxx documentation, they have the CAN network figured out to control it via whatever inputs you want.

Jordan

Hi Brett,

Is there any issues using the B20 Yoshifab crank and home CAS? Will play between the dizzy drive/cam/crank cause any issues? Any advantage of using a separate crank trigger wheel and only use the CAS for cam location?

Could the MaxxECU be used to control the input to an electric power steering unit with a speed sensor?

Is a 4 wire IAC idle control valve stepper motor a good idea for iidle?
I mean, if the CAS is gear driven it's really fine. I don't even worry on belt setups much either, but I like a crank sensor. The CAS works great 99% of applications.

I recommend the Volvo p1 power steering unit like Jordan said. It's 2 wires and a drop down. A speed sensor would work perfectly for ramping up control pressure. Steering angle ideal but that's something we can't readily access.

4 wire is fine, 2 wire works great and takes less I/O. I'd recommend a 2 wire if possible.

Brett has been extremely helpful in my Maxx progress also. He is outside of my retailer market, but he set me up with a dealer who turned out to be amazing to deal with (thanks Brett). Brett spent a lot of time answering my questions and helping before I bought even though he knew the sale wasn't going to be his.

I ended up with a Race unit. I plan on an E throttle (one of the biggest reasons I went with a race).

Mitch, I plan on running a PS pump from a P1 Volvo. If you look through the Maxx documentation, they have the CAN network figured out to control it via whatever inputs you want.

Jordan
🤠 My pleasure, and I'd like to still help you set it up when you're ready.

Back