• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2023, September 12-17

Bummed I'm missing the year of the amazon, safe travels to everyone heading down. Hopefully a year is enough time to get myself road trip ready for the next one

I am now unsure of my arrival time, it's midnight, supposed to pack the car and leave in roughly 9 hours, but instead waiting on the wife to get here and turn around and take the 4 year old to Children's in the 'ham, broken arm that didn't quite set right at the ED earlier this evening. so I'm not sure if this will merely push departure back a bit, or cause a wave off to friday. the point of going tonight is if we don't, then she won't be able to get worked in until friday, and that 1) means it'll be a bit more difficult and painful to reset things that have been sitting still for close to 48 hours at that point, and 2) blows up all sorts of plans for everyone.

The week from hell continues, and is now been found to be working forward rather than waiting day by day.

[...] broken arm that didn't quite set right at the ED earlier this evening. [...] the point of going tonight is if we don't, then she won't be able to get worked in until friday, and that 1) means it'll be a bit more difficult and painful to reset things that have been sitting still for close to 48 hours at that point,
oooh, ouch. Medical issues can really get in the way of plans... but are so important to address. Best of luck getting everything taken care of.

We're out here makin miles and drinkin tea

173971792.jpg

3C0AUBM.png

Was this one of y'all's? Seen shortly after getting to watch you guys leave Steve's cycle shop.
(we'd decided to do a local diner for breakfast and it was over an hour between sitting down and getting food)

3C0AUBM.png

Was this one of y'all's? Seen shortly after getting to watch you guys leave Steve's cycle shop.
(we'd decided to do a local diner for breakfast and it was over an hour between sitting down and getting food)

That's Dave, he runs a Volvo restoration shop over in Hayesville, he just stopped by for the thing at Steve's.

Good to meet you dude! Hate you missed out on the tour at Steve's.

Just when you think you've got all the running 122 wagons in western NC all together, another one shows up.

I did a double take walking back from the chicken barn when I saw that one going by.

*looks at fleet of old hoopty shitboxes in the driveway*
Eenie meenie minie moe

I'm thinking PV this year. Unless I get overly motivated and start a 16V swap on it and don't get it done in time.
I was successful in restraining any unrealistic ambitions regarding the 16V. Just a dual circuit brake master and some gaskets on the trans.

I think next year we'll take a trip out to his shop, probably on Friday. It's a bit of a hike from the lodge, but he also owns a restaurant out there, we could leave midmorning, get to his place, have lunch, tour the shop, and be back at the lodge by mid afternoon.

Worth the trip. We did that back in 2015 for the first one and haven't been back since.

Back