• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Torrance, California. A few rusty Volvos that need to go ASAP.

ZVOLV

<Master Tech>
I went to Hiperfauto/Planetman's shipping containter today in Torrance, California and salvaged what I could. I cannot host pics in the FS forum, so here are a few pics of the cars that they have for sale on the street that need to go ASAP before they get towed away and scrapped. The 142 is tagged currently (the blocker), but the 242 is years out on the tags and California tows after tags are 6 months expired.

Here is their For Sale thread:

242 for sale:

142 for sale: https://turbobricks.com/index.php?t...pare-1968-142s-parts-car.371531/#post-6381639

Shipping container full of parts for sale thread: https://turbobricks.com/index.php?threads/come-and-get-it-pv-122-1800-and-240-parts.372284/

Here are a few pics from today:4Cars.jpg3cars.jpg242LeftFront.jpg142Rear.jpg142LeftRear.jpgHeads.jpg

Last edited:
They have that shipping container FULL of vintage Volvo parts. I was only able to take a trunkload of cylinder heads today.

They have a B23FT bare block that has been o-ringed at the top, at least one or two B21F/T blocks, a bunch of B20 blocks, and bins full of vintage Volvo stuff that needs to get picked up for DONATION prices.

The 242 had some decent rust in the normal places, but the interior was pretty good and it is "almost" a driver. Backfees would be the biggest issue. I have heard some registration places can take care of it for you, saying you haven't been driving the car on the roads for all those years.

The 142 is a runner/driver. It is rusty as crap, but it would make a really cool beach car.

The 122's are rusty 122's.

Last edited:
Go get em!

I want the 142 for a local/beach car. You could probably buy it, beat it around for a few years (smog free), and then put a FS sign on it in a beach community and somebody would buy it for more than you paid.

142SideShot.jpg242LeftRear.jpg142Engine.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love any useable trim pieces to have as spares. Interior or exterior. Wonder if the door cards in the 242 have turned to dust yet.

Now that I think about it...I could use both window switch panels and door window glass. Honestly I'd take the entire doors, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

I want that 142 so bad to run in our mini stock class at the local dirt track w/my high comp B23F

Good beach cruiser though too. Although sadly beach cruisers in Santa Cruz now are Teslas and $300k sprinter 4x4’s

Here is the 242 for sale thread:

Here is the 142 and 122 for sale thread:

I was told the 142 is registered with current tags. Last post said 3k OBO, but I am sure if you are serious and show up with cash you will get a good deal from them.

The 122's looked pretty far gone to be runners ever again, but the 242 is a runner and just sounds like it needs a little bit of work to be a driver. The 142 is a "turn key" driver at this point. I was told, "We can fire it up right now and do burnouts down the street!"

Last edited:
You guys need to post on facebook in the Volvo groups!! or send me a link to pics and a phone number and I'll post it.
You have my permission to use all the pics I posted. I just sent a PM asking if they want to let their phone number get out there.

You could always start a post and send a link to turbobricks....

I'd love any useable trim pieces to have as spares. Interior or exterior. Wonder if the door cards in the 242 have turned to dust yet.

Now that I think about it...I could use both window switch panels and door window glass. Honestly I'd take the entire doors, but we all know that's not gonna happen.
We're not parting out the 242 turbo. We've received some low ball offers from people that live in the state who would have to pay the back fees. If it will runs well enough to make it across the country a TBer wants to fly out and do a road trip, meet some other member and deliver some parts on the way back. I drove it yesterday and it has some issues so I'm going to take it to a friends shop tomorrow and do some diagnostics.

We do have a pair of 242 doors with glass in the container. The left one has no window regulator (needed it for our '83 242) and the right one has a power window regulator. I was going to convert both doors to power and put them on the 142. I even cut the B pillar catches off a car in the junk yard to weld to the 142 but never got around to it. Neither door has a door panel though. Someone should get a pair of good examples and make some fiberglass molds. Either that or pester VP into remaking them.

You have my permission to use all the pics I posted. I just sent a PM asking if they want to let their phone number get out there.

You could always start a post and send a link to turbobricks....
Email works better for us.

I want that 142 so bad to run in our mini stock class at the local dirt track w/my high comp B23F

Good beach cruiser though too. Although sadly beach cruisers in Santa Cruz now are Teslas and $300k sprinter 4x4’s
You're making me nostalgic for our racing days at Ascot Park in Gardena. We used to race the dirt ovals with 1800s because the wheelbase fit the rules. A 122 was a little too big and no way we could run a 140.

Our cars started first and last in this race. The ES was fielded by a wrecking yard in Irvine.

Driving around Torrance, Redondo and Hermosa Beach in the 142 I would get thumbs up all the time. People would come up to me and ask if it was a Datsun 510 or compliment the patina.

You're making me nostalgic for our racing days at Ascot Park in Gardena. We used to race the dirt ovals with 1800s because the wheelbase fit the rules. A 122 was a little too big and no way we could run a 140.

Our cars started first and last in this race. The ES was fielded by a wrecking yard in Irvine.

Driving around Torrance, Redondo and Hermosa Beach in the 142 I would get thumbs up all the time. People would come up to me and ask if it was a Datsun 510 or compliment the patina.
Super cool. Thanks for sharing

We're not parting out the 242 turbo. We've received some low ball offers from people that live in the state who would have to pay the back fees. If it will runs well enough to make it across the country a TBer wants to fly out and do a road trip, meet some other member and deliver some parts on the way back. I drove it yesterday and it has some issues so I'm going to take it to a friends shop tomorrow and do some diagnostics.

We do have a pair of 242 doors with glass in the container. The left one has no window regulator (needed it for our '83 242) and the right one has a power window regulator. I was going to convert both doors to power and put them on the 142. I even cut the B pillar catches off a car in the junk yard to weld to the 142 but never got around to it. Neither door has a door panel though. Someone should get a pair of good examples and make some fiberglass molds. Either that or pester VP into remaking them.
If you can throw them ona pallet, I’d certainly be interested in buying. @Duder, you coming up here this year by any chance? :lol:

If you can throw them ona pallet, I’d certainly be interested in buying. @Duder, you coming up here this year by any chance? :lol:

I don't have any PNW road trip plans at the moment, sadly. Also I likely wouldn't be taking a vehicle large enough to carry a pallet full of doors.

As for the cars I regret not being able to adopt any currently. I'm sure the 142 and 242 would both be fun. Ian gave me a ride in the 142 once and I can confirm that thing scoots!

Ian & Eric: I may be able to come over this weekend to take a look at parts in the container and possibly take some off your hands. We are really tight on space in my shop so I will have to be careful about what I can justify... but if I can help out I will.

Back