• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

I cannot wait to reap the reward of your hard work with the horn pads :-P

Welding in nickles is the best Kjet injector hole plugging solution.

I got some hella supertones. I never liked the horns showing, especially the red so I coated mine in black and mounted them under the cowling/driver fender. Car finally has a working horn button
zBmmWkD.jpg

I used the factory wiring with new connectors. There's more then enough to make a factory looking loom
fWpHxBO.jpg

with horns moved out of sight it's less clutter to catch the eye
6etGLEf.jpg

Last edited:
Of course you leave out the part about me single handedly fixing the hazard switch:roll:
calm your tits, Im going to make a post about the interior soon
I always like my horns front and center, what is important is that you have working horns though.
I especially love the little horn ring

5 days ago. I got hit making a left turn across two lanes. I was 1/2 way in the sidewalk too.. mostly my fault. Now I get to fix some dents and rust I probably wouldn't have fixed for years

kIJIShy.jpg

kKwBCfI.jpg

disassembly/ straightening begins
2v3V8jS.jpg

this was messed up from before I got the car - but slightly less
DuAc9jK.jpg

owCN6EL.jpg

mostly there but I need to cut and weld some panels
Oe6TH4V.jpg

4 days ago
gathered replacement parts blasted and powdercoated few pieces

cut off the mangled panel
VyFgbD5.jpg

donor
f5Dk582.jpg

oh no which one will I choose
c72mFnQ.jpg

3 days ago
holes are where the trunk floor is (donor)
TuRZ3Lq.jpg

made a panel - bent it the wrong way the first time, I was too lazy to make another one so I bend it the other way (not the best solution)
XsH1ahA.jpg

Last edited:
2 days ago (saturday)
cpRIhu7.jpg

decided to repair dents and few rust spots
9g45tEg.jpg

SUEuW9x.jpg

EY2LOmQ.jpg

C0ir01l.jpg

cut out the rust in the inner fender
1SIXZS3.jpg

did more sanding after this
nAeAR7t.jpg

fitted the turnk/bottom panel kind of a pain to clamp these together with the main trunk floor in place
7PkfR3G.jpg

7uhmKud.jpg

JaaBJre.jpg

e1sGdf9.jpg

ZgcU2MD.jpg

yesterday
(I only worked on it for like 2 hours) I decided to just replace part of the rear panel. Once Im done and it looks like crap I'll go back and replace the whole panel I decided to go this way to show my gf I can fix her 245, someone hit her under the c pillar.

suqnUMC.jpg

K1kTBlV.jpg

Today
I finished welding in the rear repair panel and worked on spare tire wheel well.
PkRv4bI.jpg

(I forgot to take a picture after the repair)
NB2RRgT.jpg

ywdZ3R5.jpg

drove it home - tape to keep the co2 out --- oof
WJXFp4Z.jpg

now that it's back "together" I will work on fitting in replacement parts. I still have lots of sanding and straightening out, smoothing etc before I make it whole again

inside of bumpers is getting powder coated
2agE1x8.jpg

lost of other parts still need to be blasted and powdercated.
- trunk, hinges, reflector housings, door(s)
- my previous fuel tank repair didnt hold up so I'll be fixing that too
- need to order few parts from VP

all this needed to get done eventually, this accident just forced me to get it done sooner.. ugh

also got my replacement plate
V9gIz1J.jpg

Last edited:
Don't you dare inspire me to actually do something about the rusty panels in my trunk. The repair is already looking great, well done!
it aint going to fix itself! Thank you
You always impress me with how quickly you move things along. I'm half glad I don't have those skills.
Thats some kind words, thank you very much. Ehh if I can do it anyone can, and you got them skills too!
since turning 40 I been saying that Im going to spend my 40s finishing what I started in my 30s, I have so many projects that I want to complete... Only way I know how is by actually doing it.... lets go!

two days ago
little progress, mainly because I forgot my sanding stuff at work and I got distracted with finally picking up my Landrover engine from machine

QYpXwFR.jpg

so I looked for restored hardware (not all pictured) and packed parts to get blasted at work
ckroKQ3.jpg

yesterday

started to blast and bake off parts at work. I first bake it in the oven to burn off some paint and make the sound deadener easier to remove - got to move fast while it's hot
FBMjJVH.jpg

O71fJsY.jpg

I was going to seam seal all the new patches but I ran out of sealant. New 3m tube $38 from amazon! Started the mud work...I have almost no experience in this
Xy8YSDY.jpg

I still need to do a few spots then go over it all with filler
OsPxUef.jpg

cleaned up and stopped here
9ushrWF.jpg

today
got all my parts blasted and I coated them in body color. Outside the dents will get fixed, then I'll go over it all with filler and paint, powder is great but it shows every imperfection in the steel once cured

K8dSGU4.jpg

QgaDzUG.jpg

zERWPg6.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, I forgot if it's going to be nice enough to match the chassis the LR engine has gotta be spotless, looking fantastic.

Rear quarter is coming along nice too. I'm not (even more) scared of getting hit after seeing the damage a glancing blow did.

You'll blend right into the neighborhood with the exhaust hanging out past the missing bumper like that...

Very nice work on fixing all those little things.
Thank you, biggest pain is the paint. Im not ready to paint this thing completly just yet. I still need to fix doors, hood, roof, fenders... the rest of it.
For now Im just spraying it with cans of rustolum... ugh but at some point where before mentioned is done I'll take it to work and paint it all properly

been busy with other projects so this was on a back burner. A week ago I got some gaskets from VP and that inspired me to get back on this

spraying thin layer daily and fixing any weird crap that sometimes comes out at random from cans next day
did this about 10 days in a row

Df71IhR.jpg

YQyrKiF.jpg

JtYGeFN.jpg

all of the bumper brackets got powder coated. I replaced all the hardware with original zinc plated
b89k4sL.jpg

I also replaced trunk hinges and the torsion bars... what a fucking pain in the ass this was
(ill insert picture tomorrow)

as it sits today. I reinstalled mudflaps and adjusted the bumper
PfEqODo.jpg

Looking great! Adjusting bumpers is a pain but nothing compared to torsion springs.
Thank you,
"do I spend 2 hours making a tool I'll likely never use again or do I spend 2 hours getting the torsion bars in"

I was able to get one bar in without a problem while the backets were off but the other side was tricky. This was my quick solution ... still need to cut that off
Of4HBMt.jpg

turns out I should have ordered new reflectors as one has a dented housing and the other lost its "back" during the accident

so I spent some time combining a back from a broken one
NdFo2rP.jpg

JD4NuU2.jpg

it will do for now
5ZBRVyi.jpg

n2FmVbp.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend WE (There I mentioned you GF) got the trunk lid on. I still need to glue in the trunk gasket and secure the rear exhaust
ThcxTTl.jpg

new plate with new stickers along with a repainted (first coat) license plate frame
eGfADx7.jpg

Back